U.S. Certified Coder
JOB TITLE: Coder
DISCOVER HEALTHCARE SYNERGY:
Located in Cypress, California, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, HealthCare Synergy is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. HealthCare Synergy’s mission is to protect our clients and ensure that they continue to succeed in the everchanging CMS and Medicare landscape through preeminent programs in client education, and research.
Reviews, accurately assigns, and abstracts diagnostic and procedural codes to encounters using designated coding classification under occasional guidance. OASIS and Home Health Coding experience/certification required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years relevant experience
- Medical or Coding certification
- Fluency in English (Speaking – Reading – Writing)
- Able to follow policies and procedures and provide detailed documentation
- Experience in Home Health – Billing and/or Clinical
- SOC RN, LVN/LPN, PT, OT, SLP licensure in any of the 50 US states
- Synergy EMR experience
- Speak fluent English
- Work from home
- Part-time Position to Full-time Position
- Salary to be determined
- Organizes and prioritizes coding work to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and hospital targets.
- Assigns the most appropriate diagnosis and procedures to reflect the utilization of resources during the patient encounter.
- Recognizes documentation clarification opportunities to ensure it supports all codes and designation assignments. Initiates coding queries or tasks.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL CODING (INTERMEDIATE):- The transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
CRITICAL THINKING (INTERMEDIATE):- The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
COMPLIANCE (INTERMEDIATE):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.